I’m sure a lot of you are spending time in bed now that we are all #saferathome. Thankfully my clients are enjoying their surroundings while they are able to spend more time in their homes than they planned. Your home should be comfortable and beautiful. Just this morning I received an email from a client confirming an appt for next week. She said, “I have been wanting to tell you how happy and blessed that I am we updated the rooms and accessories, because I love being in my home now, much more, being in it every day.” It’s such an honor to be able to create safe havens for people, but even more so now, in our current situation. Design and decoration really makes such a positive impact on mood and well-being.
- Good Bedside Lighting – when you do snuggle up with a good book, you must be able to read without eye strain.
- Ample Size Nite Stand to hold a lamp, reading material, and a soothing candle (please don’t fall asleep with it lit!)
- Ironed Sheets – Such a luxury but worth it…. If you just don’t have the time or patience, at the very least try an ironed pillow case and iron just the hem of the top sheet.
- Soft Lighting for Trips to the Bathroom in the middle of the night. A nightlight or low voltage light under a nite stand would be perfect.
- Large Pillows for Sitting up in Bed Comfortably – Usually a Euro Pillow 27 x 27 is ample to comfortably sit in bed and read. Try to avoid watching television in the bedroom if you can help it. There are studies that show the light makes it difficult to fall asleep even after you turn it off.Enjoy these tips that will keep you #saferathome for now and serve you well, even when we go back to “normal.”